At the earliest date possible we are looking for a
General Programmer (F/M)
Who we are
Z-Software is a development studio located in Dortmund, in the heart of the Ruhr area. Z-Software is working in the games business since 2008 and since released more than 10 games on various platforms (PC, Xbox One, Playstation 4, iOS, Xbox 360, Mac). Z-Software has a strong experience in the simulator genre but is always looking into other genres as well.
For our ambitious plans we are looking for motivated and talented people for our core development team in Dortmund.
We are looking for a General Programmer (f/m) to support our dedicated development team in future game projects. You will develop new gameplay features and
tools in consultation and cooperation with our art and game design teams.
Who you are
You are a team player and communicative
Your working procedure is solution-oriented and you have a good eye for analyzing and finding issues
You can work independently, but also know when to ask your colleagues for advice
You are always looking to improve your skills and learn new technologies and methods
- fluent in C# and C++, as well as a good understanding of object oriented programming
- experienced with Unity3D and Visual Studio
- excellent understanding of version control systems, especially Subversion
- good mathematical skills in 2D and 3D spaces as well as linear algebra
- knowledge of data structures and algorithms required for game programming
- you can write clean, readable and maintanable code
- a good understanding of performance costs, when to optimize and when not to
- solid understanding of game mechanics
- passion for playing and making games
Nice to have
- experience with various game engines, especially Unreal 4
- shipped commercial games
- experience with build pipelines and processes
- experience with git
- understanding of graphic programming and experience with shader code
Please send the application via e-Mail to Andreas Heldt (). Attach your complete application documents and any work samples you would like to show us.
Applications are welcome in English and in German.